Legacy of the Plains has extensive photographic holdings totaling thousands of images. These include historic photos from Gering, Scottsbluff, and communities throughout the North Platte Valley, as well as photos related to dryland agriculture, North Platte Valley irrigation, farm equipment, and ranching.
In addition, we have several thousand postcards from North Platte Valley locales, dating back to the early 20th century.
Our film and video resources range from home movies shot by local farmers and ranchers to fully produced documentaries about Great Plains agriculture. Specific holdings include:
- Great Western Sugar industrial film
- Instructional film about the Pathfinder Irrigation District
- Selections from Glen and Leo Kellett’s archive of homemade films, documenting agricultural practices of the 1930s and 1940s.
- General agricultural promotional movies
- Home movies
- “Sunrise to Sunset” (16mm film from the 1950s)