The Legacy of the Plains Museum couldn’t exist without dedicated volunteers.
Dozens of people donate their time and energy for projects of every size and type. Some of our active volunteer projects include:
- Organizing and cataloging the documents in our library and archive
- Maintaining farm equipment
- Maintaining the building and grounds
- Planning and staffing special events
- Developing educational materials and helping during school tours
- Hosting the museum, giving tours, and greeting visitors
- Docents in the Main Exhibit Hall
- Helping visitors and working in the museum’s Gift Barn
You can help Legacy of the Plains in all sorts of ways. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sherry Land, at 308-436-1989 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.